Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Homemade Fabric Softener



I've never been accused of being frugal, but I think the Hubs is getting me there. I like having more money in my pocket than going out the door on things I don't have to purchase. We're pretty much chemical free around the home, which is why I like the Vaska natural fabric softener, but IT IS $10 A BOTTLE. I started using the old trick of white vinegar, buying it in large, generic jugs for about $3.


I fill the dispenser almost to the top with white vinegar and add a tablespoon of the Vaska Herbasoft. However, I've had great results with the vinegar and a few drops of essential oil (lavender), instead of the Vaska. Either way, I'm very pleased with the results and thrilled I am not spinning chemicals and liquid animal fat through my washed clothes.


We also use soap nuts, but I'll save that explanation for another time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment