Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful~ Day 7: Travel




I have insatiable wanderlust, but in my defense, I did warn the hubs prior to marrying that I just cannot help it. He knew what he was getting into, and now he has a son with wanderlust as well. I am thankful to have had multiple opportunities to travel, especially considering I come from a family and marriage that is not military. Fudge's career aspirations include "being a guy who travels the world and takes pictures." For a kid that's only 6 years old, he's got a pretty good record already- 26 US cities across 17 states, plus international travel to Aruba. I'm up to 26 states and 17 countries, with hopes for many more to come. The travel budget waxes and wanes, but I am thankful we can still eek out a travel budget. There are still many places left on my wish list, but one I hope to see in the next couple of years is Morocco. Our church sponsors multiple North African mission visits and my goal is to participate in one sometime during the next three years of our "changing lives" campaign.


In the meantime, I am emptying the suitcase from a 4-day beach visit and re-packing for Hilton Head Island and Savannah, maybe Charleston too.

No comments:

Post a Comment