Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful~ Day 6: Friends

I am so thankful for my girls- you keep me grounded, sane, loved, supported, and more. We have shared times in sunshine and in shade and you have been there every step of the way. I remember reading somewhere years ago (email maybe?) that you may have many friends and acquaintances, but true girl friends, in it for the long haul, are few and far between and should be cherished as they get us through each phase in our lives.



I continue to be blessed with my girls from high school, college, and grad school, my girls after college and starting in the working world, and the girls that have come into my life once I became a Mama. Each of you is special to me and I couldn't imagine life having as much laughter and care without you in it, where I can be exactly who I am as I am. Thank God for true friends!


This past weekend I was beyond blessed to get away to the beach for a 4-day girls weekend, reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. What a fantastic time we had and how I look forward to continuing to nuture these relationships. May each of you reading this be blessed with such fantastic compadres! And I wish for Fudge the friendships such as these, that bask in the sunshine and can withstand the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment