Saturday, July 10, 2010

Compassion


I love how younger kids think- unfiltered, uninfluenced, and straightforward. Without going into the details, suffice it to say that M and I have struggled, and continue to struggle, with infertility. We like to say our little miracle, above, was five years in the making. And while we'd love to welcome another little miracle, it just hasn't happened yet. For well over a year, C has been intently focused on... "when will Mama have a baby? When will I be a big brother? Mama, can you have four more babies?" And so on...

On a drive home this evening, C asked if he could have a baby sister, and when would one come out of Mama's belly? We gave our standard response, along the lines of we'd love to welcome another baby too, we don't always know God's plans and timing, and we understand C's disappointment with not having a sibling yet. His response floored me:
"Mama, aren't there babies out there who have mommies and daddies who can't take care of them? Can we take care of them? That's a good way to get a brother or sister too."

How I love my boy!

1 comment:

  1. Much Love Jenn. I know we don't post things like this for people to comment but I just wanted to show you some love. I do not understand infertility...ive never experienced it. I do understand longing though. Don't ever hide your feelings. **hug**

    ReplyDelete