Sunday, April 4, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

C and our neighbor were playing outside on this beautiful day, and C asked if they could come inside to play a game. I said no, that it was nice out and we were staying outside. The boys pushed the issue and I told them no again, that it was nice, we were staying outside, and C could not have friends in to play since he's not cleaned his bedroom or his playroom, to which his playmate replied...

"Doesn't C's maid clean his room?"

Me: "C doesn't have a maid; he has to clean his own room."

"Oh, well I don't have my OWN maid; she's my mom's maid, but she still cleans my room."

Me: "I don't have a maid."

Neighbor looked at me like I was out of my ever loving mind and says...

"Well, sometimes my mom cleans my room. I bet you could clean C's?"

Nice try.

1 comment: