Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

This week is "community helpers" week in C's kindergarten class, which is just another way to say career day for the little people set. I'm a consultant in the financial services industry; bet you've never heard a kid say "I want to grow up and do that!" No? Me neither. I am so very thankful my presentation does not follow the police's...how much of a killjoy would that be? I thought I'd ask C what he knows about my job.

Me: "C, what kind of work does Mama do?"

C: "You play on your computer and talk on the phone all day."

Me: "Is that all?"

C: "You tell people what to do. Sometimes you think they need a time out."

Me: "Ok, well, I also work to help people get the money they need to buy a home. How much do you think a house costs?"

C: "28,000 dollars."

How I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment