Monday, January 4, 2010

Walking for Fitness


It was going pretty well last year...lost 34 pounds...then gained back 22 of them this fall. UGH! I'm back at it again- eating healthy and this time doing more to add in the exercise. My goal is to walk 3.5-5 miles per day for exercise, in addition to any other steps I take, with the ultimate goal of at least 1,000 fitness miles walked in 2010. So far, so good...10.5 miles down (ticker at the bottom of the blog page) and I felt accomplished walking 3.5 miles this morning in the bitter cold - 18* wind chill.

Now to just keep at it and make it a habit. The photo above is when C was a few weeks old, I'd lost all of the baby weight, and I was in decent shape...not fantastic, but decent. How I'd love to get back to there again as my first goal, and slim down some more from there. I guess it's true...even the longest of journeys begins with a single step in the right direction. Here's to first steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment