Monday, January 11, 2010

Star Student


I like an approach used in C's Kindergarten class- Star Student. Each student gets one week out of the school year that he/she is the star, and this is C's week. "Excited" is an understatement! The star is the leader for all class activities, can bring show-and-tell every day, can bring family members in for Q&A, brings the "cool" snacks and is class celebrity for the week. What shocked me was the amount of homework that went into this week; a huge poster with all kinds of details and photos, a Star Student workbook with photos, and pages for the class scrapbook. According to M, the week is off to a good start: he read to the class today, took Q&A, and stayed for snack time and C was loving every minute of it. They are so adorable together; photo above is from a recent trip to Myrtle Beach.

I thought you might enjoy some of the responses to the questions C had to answer:
  • When I grow up I want to be...Batman


  • My favorite food is...hotdogs


  • My favorite part of school is...playing


  • My favorite color is...red


  • My favorite book is...anything with Spiderman in it

No comments:

Post a Comment