- Champ, Fudge's parakeet, died. Equally devastated are Fudge, me, and Buddy, our other 'keet. We dug a grave last evening in a beautifully sunny spot in the yard, buried poor Champ, and Fudge painted a tombstone. Buddy has not chirped or blessed us with his song since Champ passed :(
- Any parents of sleepwalkers out there? Fudge's latest the other night was a 3am wander into the bathroom and pee in the trash can. At least it wasn't the clothes bin.
- I awoke at 2am- as in WIDE AWAKE. On the upside, I now have a cleaned out pantry and the birds/squirrels/rabbits/raccoons/'possums have some new snacks...even tried homemade suet (at 4am) and got a jump on preparing weekend meals. It's one of the only times this year you can call me Martha. Oldest thing in the back of the rounder cabinet- any guesses? Unopened seaweed sheets from 2005!
- Weekend plans include celebrating my brother's birthday this evening (I can almost taste that margarita), soccer, and hopefully some sunshine and free time to enjoy it. Oh and some sleep, that would be nice. The motto around here is "you can sleep when you're dead."
- Just realized I have a stack of overdue library items...dear YCPL- I think your email alert system needs some bugs worked out. I don't need to know the stuff due in two weeks, I need to know what's due now.
- Some big wins at work this week- now to sustain them.
- Not much of a TV watcher and while I lose enthusiasm for Revenge, I am hooked on Missing. Last week's episode reminded me all over again why I just love the city of Prague! Scandal is intriguing as well.
- I need to wrap up the summer camp registration hustle...it's intense here...reminds me of bidding on a house. In the interim, I lost my mind and said yes to a fantastic camp I attended as a kid...which means commuting 90 miles EACH way for a week, on top of the hefty camp fee. I must really love Fudge.
- Speaking of houses, remind me why I left my wonderful townhome 10 years ago? I hate keeping up with this @#^%&*( yard!
Want to share in the FNL love? Visit our wonderful host and super-mom to three, Danifred.