Thursday, May 20, 2010

Totally in Love

So many updates I need to post, but I'm wiped out from work right now. In the interim, a fun little post about our recent "loves."

1. Jumanji- Somehow, somewhere, C found a DVD around the house of this movie, from 1995! I think this could be somewhat overwhelming for some kids, but C has a great sense of reality versus fantasy. He's totally engrossed in this movie and watches it everyday in the car.

2. Heirloom Tomatoes- I am growing a few plants from seed, but have purchased a few locally and love the green striped ones that are crimson red, almost purple, on the inside. Yum!

3. Starbucks- Yes, I'm back to my love affair with the corporate whore of coffee on every corner. However, my wallet cannot keep up with her expensive fees, nor my body with her massive calories! Still, a White Chocolate Mocha is such a treat.

4. The Magic Treehouse Book Series- by Mary Pope Osborne. We are currently reading book #10, about the wild west and a ghost town.

5. C Reading to Us- This is such a joy and our little reader is really taking off. His favorite one to read right now? Hop on Pop!

6. Hydrangeas- just picked up some "Forever Summer" and cannot wait to plant them this weekend.

7. The Book of Nehemiah- As our church is in a three year building campaign, our current worship series is "If These Walls Could Talk." I never used to find the OT interesting, but this book has really touched me to see how these faithful worked and perservered to rebuild, while opposed from all directions and the enemy infiltrating. Our pastor has a gifted way of bringing it to life, like reading a Hollywood script!

8. Flip Flops- I tend to wear them year 'round, but I'm so thrilled to have my perfectly pedicured tootsies exposed without looking like a crazy lady. Barefoot summers rule, but flip flops are great for those "shoes required" occasions.

9. Monkeying Around- monkey bars forward, backward, upside down, pullups, giving Mama a near heart attack with all of the climbing up high...C does it all.

10. Jersey Days- I have to call these Jersey days because growing up in NJ, we had those perfect days, even in summer: 75 degrees, full sun, low humidity, a light breeze, and wonderful scents from my Nana's garden. Ah, how I love and miss that weather, but every now and then, we get similar weather and I tell M, "YEAH! IT'S A JERSEY DAY!"

1 comment:

  1. I agree w/ Starbuxs. Just walking into the store makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete